With Valentine’s Day just around the corner, it’s that time of the year when we start scratching our heads, thinking about the best Valentine’s Day gift ideas for him – with him being the special man in our lives. Whether it’s your husband who’s been your rock, your doting boyfriend who never fails to make you smile, or even your dad who’s always been your hero, picking out the perfect Valentine’s gift can be a bit of a puzzle.
We all want to find something that says, “I appreciate you,” in just the right way. But let’s be honest, sometimes flowers and chocolates don’t quite cut it for the guys. That’s why I’ve put together this handy gift guide, filled with ideas that are sure to hit the right note. From the latest gadgets that will make his eyes light up, to personalized items that speak directly to his heart, I’ve got you covered.
So, grab a cup of your favorite coffee, get cozy, and let’s dive into this list of the best Valentine’s Day gifts that are bound to make the special guy in your life feel loved and valued. Ready to find that perfect gift? Let’s go!
Look for this colorful block for a FREE Valentine’s Day gift idea in each section below!
This post may contain affiliate links. If you make a purchase, I may earn a small commission at no extra cost to you. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Read more about these links in my disclosure policy.
Personalized Gift Ideas for Him
Personalized gifts add a unique touch that shows your special someone just how much you care. The trick is finding something that is meaningful to him. Think beyond monogrammed underwear – what is something he truly loves (besides you)?
Upgrade any of his current personal items by adding his personal touch to it. If he enjoyed them before, he’ll enjoy them even more when they’re styled to be uniquely his.
Here are some of the best gift ideas to inspire you:
- Custom Wall Art: Consider a piece of art that features something meaningful to both of you, like a star map of the night sky on your anniversary, or coordinates of where you first met. This adds a personal touch to your home décor, creating a lasting memory.
- Customized Watch: An elegant watch with his initials or a special date engraved on the back combines sentimentality with style. A friend once told me how her husband was moved to tears by such a watch, making it a timeless reminder of their love.
- Personalized Leather Wallet: Choose a high-quality leather wallet and have it embossed with his name or a heartfelt message. It’s not just a gift but a daily token of your affection.
- Monogrammed Steak Brand and Carving Board: If he loves to grill, this personalized carving board and hand-forged iron brand is the perfect valentine’s day gift for him!
- And of course – personalized underwear (with your face on it)
Personalized Playlist with Voiceover Messages: Curate a playlist of songs that are meaningful to your relationship, and record short voiceover messages to play between songs. Share why you picked each song or reminisce about memories associated with them. This creates a deeply personal and emotional gift that he can listen to anytime.
Thoughtful & Romantic Gifts for Him
If you’re wondering what to get your man for Valentine’s Day, these ideas are for you. They are a little sappy, and won’t work for every guy. But for the men who love a sentimental gift that’s super sweet, these ideas are perfect:
- 100 Dates Scratch Off Poster: This is one thoughtful gift that saves you on lots of thoughts later! There’s nothing better than spending time together, and you’ll have 100 fun ideas for quality time to last you all year. Go ahead and scratch off that first one to plan your next date night!
- The Story of Us Book: Creating and reading this little book can be a great way to reflect on your relationship’s journey. It includes 50 prompts to document memories on ever important moment, from the first kiss to today.
- A Customized Love Book: Create a personalized book that tells your love story. LoveBook lets you customize characters to look like you and your partner, and you can write your own storyline or use their templates. It’s a unique way to capture and share your journey together.
- A Memory Scrapbook: Compile a scrapbook filled with photos, tickets, and keepsakes from your adventures together. My sister once made one for her husband, and it’s now their favorite coffee table book, full of cherished memories.
Love Letters: Handwrite letters expressing your love, gratitude, and hopes for the future. These letters can become treasured keepsakes, offering comfort and joy for years to come.
Sports Themed Valentine’s Gifts
Sports are a HUGE hit in our house, and we practically watch some type of ball game all year long – whether its basketball, baseball, or football. Sports themed gifts are a guaranteed score with my husband.
If your special guy is a sports lover, the best gifts are those that resonate with his passion for sports. Any of these will be a sure win!
- Sports Memorabilia: A signed ball, jersey, or a piece of equipment from his favorite player can be a prized possession. My neighbor’s husband is an avid baseball fan, and she once gifted him a signed baseball from his favorite player, which he now proudly displays in his office.
- Game Tickets: Surprise him with tickets to watch his favorite team play. The excitement of a live game makes for an unforgettable experience.
- Sports Equipment: If he’s into golf, give him a new box of customized golf balls. Or for the basketball enthusiast, the latest pair of sneakers can really make his day. It shows support for his hobbies and interests.
- Baseball Cap: TRUST ME. Presentation is important with this one. Give him the baseball cap… on your head… while you’re wearing nothing else. It will be his favorite Valentine’s day gift ever!
DIY Sports Coupon Book: Create a homemade coupon book filled with vouchers for things like watching his favorite sports game uninterrupted, a day dedicated to his favorite sports activity, or a promise to join him in a game.
If he enjoys outdoor sports like hiking or running, plan a day out on the trails or at a local park, providing quality time together in the spirit of his athletic interests.
Tech Gifts that Men Love
What is it about technology that gets men excited? It’s like giving a toy to a grown up.
The great thing about technology is there’s always something new coming out – and it’s almost always more exciting than the last big thing! Here are a few top gift items that’s sure to get his electrons going (not gonna lie, I have no idea if that’s scientifically correct but it sounded good when I wrote it).
GPS Drone with Camera: If he has a heart for technology and a passion for the cutting-edge, the Ruko F11GIM2 GPS Drone with Camera is the Valentine’s Day gift that will send his spirits soaring (pun intended). It’s the ultimate blend of affection and innovation—a gadget that speaks to his love for tech with its advanced features like 4K UHD camera for crystal-clear aerial photography, a 2-axis gimbal for ultra-smooth video capture, and impressive GPS capabilities for exploring the skies with confidence. (We have this drone, and trust me – it’s awesome).
This gift the perfect way to show your tech-savvy Valentine just how well you know and appreciate his interests. Whether he’s capturing romantic sunsets or embarking on high-flying adventures, this drone is sure to add an exciting new dimension to his technological pursuits and to your shared memories.
And for a few other cool (but not as fun lol) gift ideas:
- Smart Mug: Coffee lovers like me get tired of constantly reheating their coffee! A mug with temperature control is a great gift idea that will keep his drink warm all day.
- Wireless Headphones: Ideal for his workouts, travels, or just enjoying music and podcasts. I remember gifting my husband a pair, and he hasn’t gone a day without them since.
- Latest Gadgets: Be it the newest smartphone, Apple Watch, or a Meater smart meat thermometer, tech gifts are always exciting. They offer both entertainment and utility, making his life a little easier and a lot more fun.
A Video Message from Friends and Family: Reach out to his friends and family and compile video messages from them. It could be them sharing fond memories, inside jokes, or just expressing their love and appreciation for him. This unexpected and heartfelt gift can be especially touching.
Creative Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
Nothing really says how much you care than a gift that shows you put thought into it. While he might love a store-bought gift, a creative gift that you DIY will give him warm fuzzies.
Showcase your creativity with these unique gift ideas:
- Brewing Kit: For the beer enthusiast, a home brewing kit offers a fun and engaging experience. It’s a gift that keeps on giving as he experiments with different brews.
- Hot Sauce Kit: Spice things up and give him this fun gift to create his own condiments.
- Cooking Class: Taking a class together can be a delightful way to bond and learn something new. I once attended a sushi-making class with my partner, and it turned into one of our most treasured dates.
- Private Dance Lessons: Book a series of private dance lessons for the two of you. Whether it’s salsa, ballroom, or even hip-hop, it’s a fun and intimate way to connect and learn something new together. Plus, it’s a gift that keeps on giving as you can use your new skills at future events or just during impromptu dance sessions at home.
- On the Hour Valentine Gifts: Give him a gift or card at a specific time each hour. Lots more details on that website, but it’s super cute!
- Treat-filled Slippers: This is a unique idea! Fill a pair of slippers with simple things that he will love.
- Reasons you love him written on Post-Its, arranged in a heart shape on your bathroom mirror.
- Plan a scavenger hunt around your house (or town) with little notes and small gifts that lead up to a bigger surprise.
A Personalized Poem or Song: If you’re artistically inclined, creating a poem or a song for him can be an incredibly touching gesture.
My husband would personally love just getting a coupon that says “free one hour nap”. Get creative and think about what he’d love most!
Last Minute Valentine’s Day Gifts for Him
If you made it this far, I know you’re in a pickle. Like me. Because we are the procrastinators of the world and we are sitting here giftless. GIFTLESS.
I see you. I know that feeling.
No worries, I have a few ideas that you can whip up faster than you can say “Cupid is stupid.” If the above gift ideas aren’t working for you, try one of these:
- Gift Cards: They’re a safe yet appreciated option. A gift card to his favorite store, coffee shop, or restaurant offers him the freedom to choose. My husband actually gave me a gift card to Top Golf so we can go play together. I can’t wait!
- Subscription Service: A subscription to a magazine, streaming service, or a monthly wine club can be a delightful surprise that extends beyond Valentine’s Day.
- A Romantic Dinner at Home: Cooking his favorite meal or setting up a surprise gourmet dinner from a fancy restaurant can create a memorable evening. Light candles, play soft music, play a game of Dirty Never Have I Ever and enjoy a night of intimate conversation.
- Experience Gifts: Booking an activity, like a hot air balloon ride, or planning a short weekend getaway can be exciting and romantic, creating new memories together.
- A Surprise Getaway: Plan a weekend getaway or a day trip to a place he’s always wanted to visit or somewhere meaningful to your relationship. Maybe a night away in a cool location, like the Getaway House? The effort you put into planning and the excitement of a surprise trip can be incredibly romantic.
- Netflix and Chill: If he’s a movie lover, you have the perfect excuse to stay home and snuggle in the living room! Want to make it more “gift-like” and special? Dress up in an outfit he’s sure to like. Buy movie tickets in advance and print them out (or create fake tickets of your own on cardstock). Include a Fandango gift card or an AMC Stubs membership. Package it all into a popcorn bucket with his favorite movie theater candies. Give it to him with instructions on where to meet for dinner and what to wear… or what NOT to wear.
My list of Valentine’s Day movie ideas:
A Memory Jar: Fill a jar with notes of all your favorite memories, reasons why you love him, or future plans you’re excited about. He can pull out a note whenever he needs a smile or a reminder of your love.
You can go big or go small, but most importantly just enjoy each other’s company.
Conclusion (and the morning after)
In the end, Valentine’s Day is about celebrating your love and the unique bond you share. A great Valentine’s Day gift is one that reflects your understanding and appreciation of him. And don’t forget about the day after Valentine’s Day.
I’m sure I don’t need to go into much detail here on how you can make this more romantic, but here’s a tip: use your imagination!
If you bought him a sports team shirt or jersey, throw it on. Whip up some eggs and bacon. Bring it to him on a tray in bed. Let him decide which gift he’d like to enjoy first. *wink wink*
Not a fan of eggs and bacon? Try this simple parfait for a unique treat.
A surprise breakfast in bed or a sweet note can extend the magic and show that your love isn’t confined to just one day. Remember, it’s the thought, care, and love that truly make a Valentine’s gift special. Happy Valentine’s Day!
Do you have an amazing Valentine’s Day gift idea for your man? I’d love for you to share it with me in a comment below!
Other Posts You May Like:
Amanda is a mom of 4 living a mostly crunchy lifestyle outside of Atlanta, GA with her husband, 2 dogs, and a cat. As a former special education teacher who also has her personal training certification — Amanda really enjoys teaching others how to do things!
When she’s not working, Amanda enjoys DIY projects, exercising, photography, hiking, and long walks through Target.