Busy mom of 4. Blogger. Photographer. Personal Trainer. Group Fitness Instructor. Former teacher. Mediocre Cook.
Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda. I’m a mom to four energetic kids – 18, 10, 3 and 1. I wear a lot of hats and somehow manage to remember my kids’ names — most of the time.
Our family recently moved to the Atlanta area after living in Colorado for the past 5 years. It’s been a bit of an adjustment but we are finally settling into our new home!
We are somewhat crunchy – I try to eat paleo, I buy organic when I can, and we enjoy being active and getting our exercise. My kitchen dancing skills are on point. I will almost never ever turn down a slice of pizza, a glass of wine, or a bite of chocolate though. I have weaknesses!
This blog began in 2013 as a way to document my journey with clean eating and fitness as a new lifestyle. It has recently evolved into broader topics that involve my family – because let’s face it, as a mom of 4 my family is a huge part of my life!
Here on the blog you will find fitness and health tips, recipes, and meal plans. I also share parenting tips, home decor and DIY, and other advice that may help make a busy mom’s life easier!
I also have a second blog called Twilighters that focuses on encouraging reading in kids and teens. There you can find book reviews, reading lists, and activities to help your kids become strong readers.
More About Amanda
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (2001)
- Master’s Degree in Special Education (2004)
- Reading Specialist Certificate (2005)
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (2009)
- 12 total years teaching special education, grades K-12
- Certified PiYo LIVE Instructor (2014)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (2014)
- Certified INSANITY LIVE Instructor (2014)
- Certified P90X LIVE Instructor (2015)
- Beachbody On Demand P90X LIVE guest cast (2015)
- Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certification (2015)
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor (2016)
- NASM Women’s Fitness Specialist (2016)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Instructor Certification (2017)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Advanced Instructor Module 1 (2017)