Busy mom of 4. Blogger. Photographer. Personal Trainer. Group Fitness Instructor. Former teacher. Mediocre Cook.
Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda. I’m a mom to four energetic kids – 18, 10, 3 and 1. I wear a lot of hats and somehow manage to remember my kids’ names — most of the time.
Our family recently moved to the Atlanta area after living in Colorado for the past 5 years. It’s been a bit of an adjustment but we are finally settling into our new home!
We are somewhat crunchy – I try to eat paleo, I buy organic when I can, and we enjoy being active and getting our exercise. My kitchen dancing skills are on point. I will almost never ever turn down a slice of pizza, a glass of wine, or a bite of chocolate though. I have weaknesses!
This blog began in 2013 as a way to document my journey with clean eating and fitness as a new lifestyle. It has recently evolved into broader topics that involve my family – because let’s face it, as a mom of 4 my family is a huge part of my life!
Here on the blog you will find fitness and health tips, recipes, and meal plans. I also share parenting tips, home decor and DIY, and other advice that may help make a busy mom’s life easier!
I also have 3 other sites: Twilighters -book lists and reviews to encourage reading in kids and teens; Gift Brilliant – the best gift ideas for every occasion; and The Old Summers Home – home, DIY, decor, and recipes.
More About Amanda
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (2001)
- Master’s Degree in Special Education (2004)
- Reading Specialist Certificate (2005)
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (2009)
- 12 total years teaching special education, grades K-12
- Certified PiYo LIVE Instructor (2014)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (2014)
- Certified INSANITY LIVE Instructor (2014)
- Certified P90X LIVE Instructor (2015)
- Beachbody On Demand P90X LIVE guest cast (2015)
- Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certification (2015)
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor (2016)
- NASM Women’s Fitness Specialist (2016)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Instructor Certification (2017)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Advanced Instructor Module 1 (2017)