About Amanda Seghetti
Busy mom of 4. Blogger. Photographer. Certified Personal Trainer. Former special education teacher. Mediocre cook.
Hi and welcome to my blog! My name is Amanda. I’m a mom to four energetic kids – 21, 13, 6 and 4. I wear a lot of hats and somehow manage to remember my kids’ names — most of the time.
Our family currently lives in the Atlanta area after living in Colorado for 5 years. I grew up in South Georgia (I’m a country girl at heart!) but I love living close to the mountains.
We are somewhat crunchy – we try to eat mostly nutritious foods, I buy organic when I can, and we enjoy being active and getting our exercise. My kitchen dancing skills are on point. I will almost never ever turn down a slice of pizza, a glass of wine, or a bite of chocolate though. I have weaknesses!
I was recently diagnosed with Hypermobile Ehlers Danlos Syndrome (EDS Type 3) and dysautonomia (I have POTS – Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome). This has caused me to have a lot of ongoing health problems that previously were “unexplainable” — however, it has also made healthy living even more important to me than ever! I want to live as long as possible and have a healthy life, so I’m constantly working to keep my body going.
My youngest son, Rowen, was also diagnosed with Autism and ADHD last year. With all of his sensory and behavioral needs, I really had to dive into learning as much as possible so I can help him thrive. He is an amazing kid and I am so happy to be his mom; I just want to be the best mom I can be!
This blog began in 2013 as a way to document my journey with clean eating and fitness as a new lifestyle. It has recently evolved into broader topics that involve my family – because let’s face it, as a mom of 4 my family is a huge part of my life!
Here on the blog you will find fitness and health tips, recipes, and meal plans. I also share parenting tips, home decor and DIY, and other advice that may help make a busy mom’s life easier!
More About Amanda Seghetti
- Bachelor’s Degree in Special Education (2001)
- Master’s Degree in Special Education (2004)
- Reading Specialist Certificate (2005)
- Master’s Degree in Educational Leadership (2009)
- 12 total years teaching special education, grades K-12
- Certified PiYo LIVE Instructor (2014)
- NASM Certified Personal Trainer (2014)
- Certified INSANITY LIVE Instructor (2014)
- Certified P90X LIVE Instructor (2015)
- Beachbody On Demand P90X LIVE guest cast (2015)
- Schwinn Indoor Cycling Certification (2015)
- ACE Group Fitness Instructor (2016)
- NASM Women’s Fitness Specialist (2016)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Instructor Certification (2017)
- Les Mills BODYPUMP Advanced Instructor Module 1 (2017)