We all know people who are great conversation starters, those who can sell sand to a camel, or someone who can make a blank piece of paper an interesting story time. Be that as it may, I am not one of those people – and if you are on this page, chances are that you aren’t great at coming up with things off the top of your head either.
So I have put together quite a list of couple trivia questions that are funny and fun. There are six categories. The first four are more for getting to know someone, maybe in the first stages of the relationship. And the last two subjects get more on the personal side with some intimate questions. You may want to wait until after the first date before bringing those up. *wink wink*
How to Use These Couple Trivia Questions
As I mentioned, these questions are great for getting to know someone before your first date. Or you can be like my husband and plan out an index card of good questions and topics to bring up on that first date! (He didn’t actually bring a card, but he did joke about it once or twice before we went out to dinner.)
If you’re already in a relationship – or even if you’re married and have been together a long time – you might use these questions as a conversation starter during dinner, on a road trip, on your next date night, or at night before your turn out the lights. You might surprise yourself when you realize how many little details you don’t actually know about each other!
Do you remember the old game show on TV called The Newlywed Game? It was a popular question game to find out how much each person knew about the other – and it always brought a lot of laughs! You might do a similar game at a bachelorette party or for some exciting entertainment during a wedding reception (as long as you keep it safe and have a sense of humor!).
Partner Questions About Their Past
The dating game can be intimidating, and you may be nervous meeting a new person. Let’s face it, it would be horrible to learn that after your first kiss you find out this person has been married 7 times and has 12 kids. Talking about my biggest fear!
Let’s use a little trick to ask all the right questions at the right time. It is important to know at least some key points involving their past. Let’s start out with something easy that everyone can relate to: FOOD!
- What was your worst food experience?
- What is the worst food you have ever eaten just to be polite?
- What is your biggest kitchen fail?
- What is the most embarrassing moment from high school?
- How did your first date ever go?
- What is the worst gift you have ever received?
- What was your first job?
- When did you get drunk for the first time?
- What is the story of your first crush?
- What is the funniest fashion trend you ever wore?
- What is your silliest memory with your best friend?
- What irrational fear did you have as a kid?
- What words couldn’t you pronounce as a kid, and what words did you say?
- As a kid, did you ever do something wrong but blamed someone else and got them in trouble?
- What is the worst job you have ever had?
- What was your dream job as a kid?
- Worst hair cut?
- Your most lame flirt moment?
Silly, Quirky, and Funny Questions
Off the wall questions are a perfect way to break the ice and get the real reaction you are looking for. Most questions are typical and easy to answer. These random questions are a sure way to get this relationship on its way to a deeper level and become part of your ‘favorite memory’ list.
Keep an open mind and spend some quality time answering these hilarious questions.
- Which comes first, chickens or eggs?
- You establish your own country and you are the ruler. What is the first rule you put into place?
- If you could have any superpower, what would it be? And, why?
- If you could only eat one food for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s the first thing that comes to your mind when I say (pick a word)?
- If you could be any item of clothing, what would you be?
- What normal things do you think are sometimes not normal?
- How many times a day do you look in the mirror wearing only underwear?
- Which surgery do you think shouldn’t exist?
- If you were lost on an island, what would be your first plan of action?
- If you could snap your fingers right now and have anything happen or appear, what would you choose?
- If animals could talk, which would be the most arrogant?
- Would you rather have an elephant the size of a cat, or a cat the size of an elephant?
- If you got arrested, what would it be for?
- If you could make a new national holiday, what would it be?
- What conspiracy theory do you think might actually be logical?
- If you could transform into any animal, what would it be? And why?
- If your pet could talk, what is one thing they could say about you that you don’t let the public know?
This or That
For a quick way to learn some new things about what someone’s favorite thing may be, this is a perfect set of questions. You may be surprised at some of your partner’s answers.
These three word questions can help you learn what their favorite food is, or their favorite color. Do they have a favorite animal or favorite family member? The following questions are the best way to find out!
- Mom or Dad?
- Apple or Android?
- Dog or Cat?
- Hotdog or Hamburger? (and follow that one up with ketchup or mustard!)
- Red or Blue?
- Pizza or Chicken?
- Fries or Salad?
- Facebook or Twitter?
- Ice Cream or Yogurt?
- Music or Podcast?
- Cake or Pie?
- Big party or Small gathering?
- Bonfire or Inside?
- Work hard or Play hard?
- Laundry or Dishes?
- Phone call or Text message?
- Candy or Popcorn?
- Pancake or Waffle?
- Beer or Liquor?
- Coffee or Tea?
- Ocean or Mountains?
- Horror or Comedy?
- City or Country?
- Winter or Summer?
- Dine in or Delivery?
- Work alone or Group work?
Pop Culture Questions
You wanna see how in sync you and your partner are with current events? Do you both like the same kinds of things, or are you total polar opposites on all things pop culture? These fun questions will give you a little insight to what they enjoy and how they spend their spare time.
- Which Tiger King character or personality is your favorite?
- Which streaming service could you not live without? (Prime, Netflix, Hulu)
- Do you keep up with the Kardashians?
- Which Spice Girl do you most identify with?
- Which of the Golden Girls would you most like to be and why?
- What was your favorite movie when you were 10 years old?
- What was the first movie you saw in the theaters?
- What was your favorite TV show as a kid?
- Which Christmas movie do you prefer, Love Actually or Die Hard?
- What’s a 90s song that you still know every word to and can sing it by heart?
- What’s the last thing you watched – and was it any good?
- Which Olympic sport do you enjoy watching the most?
- What’s the first concert you went to (or what is a concert you would love to attend)?
- What TV series have you watched over and over again?
Spicy Questions for the Bedroom
We will just go out on a limb and say that, by the time y’all have made it to the bedroom, you have learned some little things and favorite things by asking a list of questions in a fun way and having great conversation.
This topic is great way for a married couple to learn new love languages and help each other become the best version of themselves. Lets spice it up for some physical action with these intimate relationship questions!
- What part of your body is the most sensitive? How do you want me to touch it?
- What’s the most risky place you have ever had sex?
- If you could only choose one type of sex for the rest of your life, would you pick oral or regular?
- Do you have a pet name for your *body part*?
- Have you ever tried or wanted to try BDSM?
- Would you rather give or get oral sex?
- How do you define ordinary sex and making love? What’s the difference?
- How do you feel about foreplay?
- What is your biggest turn on?
- What is your greatest fantasy?
- Do you enjoy talking dirty?
Questions About the Future
Hypothetical questions are a great way to mix serious questions with a little fun. We never know how much time we have here on Earth, so let’s not have your biggest regret be living life the easy way. We are having a test of time!
And these questions are fun to ask the whole family – not just your significant other. Gather up with your close friends or family members, maybe at the wedding reception or bridal shower and ask these deep questions. Add things to your bucket list. This can be a fun game that will bring out the absolute best relationship for friends, family, and the new couple.
- If you could go back in time and give your parents advice before you were born, what would you say?
- If money wasn’t an issue, where would you live and what would you do?
- How do you think life will change in the next 20 years?
- If you could get a ticket to any show or event, what would you want to go to?
- If you were head of product development at a major food chain, what food creation would you make?
- If you could start your own business tomorrow, what would it be?
- What futuristic sci-fi thing do you wish really existed?
- When we get old, would you rather take care of me, or put me in a home?
- What foods will we eat when we have no more teeth?
- When we can’t walk anymore, will you let me win the wheelchair race?
- If I can’t read anymore, will you help me or will you make something up?
- When I start losing my memory, will you still tell me the stories I want to hear?
- When it’s your time to go, how would you want to die?