With 4 kids in my house, we always end up with a lot of leftover Easter eggs! Everyone wants to make a pretty colorful egg, but nobody wants to eat a bunch of plain hardboiled eggs for a week. This year I’m planning ahead with this list of 29 delicious recipes to use up all those leftover hardboiled eggs.
What to do with leftover hardboiled eggs
After you’ve colored and dyed and decorated and hunted those pretty eggs, it’s time to eat them! You can always peel them and sprinkle with salt and pepper, but there are many other ways to serve them up.
With all of these options, you can add boiled eggs to a different dish each day!
Deviled egg recipes
My preschooler’s favorite egg recipe is deviled eggs, and she loves to help her Gaga “cook” them! But there are so many ways to make this simple dish:
- Southern Deviled Eggs (via Savory With Soul) – Savory, moist, slightly tangy and spicy, using sour cream, paprika, and bacon!
- Air Fryer Deep Fried Deviled Eggs (via The Food Hussy) – A copycat recipe of Old Lady Gang’s deep fried deviled eggs.
- Cute Deviled Egg Chicks (via In the Kids Kitchen) – Kids will love making these and then eating them!
- Zesty Nacho Deviled Eggs (via Dish n the Kitchen) – With taco spice and Doritos, these won’t last long!
- Pina Colada Deviled Eggs (via Sweet & Savory by Shinee) – She had me at pina colada. These are sweet and tropical!
- Instant Pot Deviled Eggs with Sour Cream (via Recipes from a Pantry) – Gluten free, low carb, keto, delicious.
Make sure you have a decorative platter to display your yummy deviled eggs!
Potato salad recipes
Potato salad is usually my second go-to when I’m trying to use up leftover boiled eggs. These are a few variations on that classic Southern side:
- The Best Potato Salad Recipe (via Shugary Sweets) – Potato salad the old fashioned way with a few simple ingredients.
- Instant Pot Cauliflower Potato Salad (via In the Kids Kitchen) – a low carb version of potato salad.
- Instant Pot Potato Salad (via Little Sunny Kitchen) – Your favorite comfort food, just faster.
- Smoky Spanish Potato Salad (via Chef Not Required) – Spanish style and savory!
Egg salads and salads with eggs
Whether you make a classic egg salad, a spin on an egg salad, or just make a salad that includes eggs, these are sure to be a lunchtime hit.
- Tuna Egg Salad (via Spend With Pennies) – Packs a protein punch!
- Classic Egg Salad (via Curry Trail) – The perfect picnic recipe.
- Whole30 Chicken and Bacon Caesar Salad (via Cook at Home Mom) – Take your Caesar salad to the next level with a homemade healthy dressing!
- Healthy Potato Cobb Salad (via My Kitchen Love) – One healthy, hearty, satisfying meal.
- Light Bacon Egg Salad Lettuce Cups (via The Creative Bite) – Low carb lunch in just 15 minutes.
- Creamy Turkey Cobb Pasta Salad (via The Creative Bite) – A zesty salad bursting with flavor and crunch!
- Keto Chicken Salad (via Oh So Foodie) – Low carb chicken salad using leftovers!
- Charred Brussels Sprouts Caesar Salad (via Vintage Kitty) – An update on the classic grilled romaine Caesar salad.
- Pickled Egg and Beet Spinach Spring Salad (via Dish n the Kitchen) – This one is almost to pretty to eat!
- Macaroni Egg Salad (via Dancing Through the Rain) – A creamy and delicious twist on egg salad.
- Carrot Apple and Cheese Salad (via Enjoying Life Everyday) – Quick, easy, and kid friendly!
Unique recipes using leftover hard boiled eggs
These are recipes that use leftover boiled eggs that I had never thought to make before. My only problem now is deciding which ones to make first this year! A mix of savory, sweet, easy and gourmet – each recipe here will delight your tastebuds and have your family asking for seconds!
- South Indian Spicy Egg Curry (via Curry Trail) – Great paired with rice or flatbread, this curry dish takes less than 30 minutes!
- HoneyLESS Mustard Chicken Platter (via Cook at Home Mom) – A Whole30 platter to share with the whole family!
- Potato Pea & Egg Salad with Mustard Dressing (via The Clever Meal) – Easy, budget friendly, and full of color and nutrients!
- Pickled Eggs (via Practical Self Reliance) – A tangy, salty snack with no canning required.
- Scotch Eggs (via When Is Dinner) – Also known as “breakfast in one bite.” No Scotch involved.
- Hard Boiled Eggs Benedict (via Home Cooking Memories) – Skip the poached eggs and have these instead!
- Egg Curry with Cashew Gravy (via Spice It Upp) – An Indian Egg curry with a creamy family friendly twist.
Which of these delicious recipes will you try with your leftover hardboiled eggs this year?