Autumn Calabrese is back with her newest workout program: 9 Week Control Freak! Only this time, Autumn isn’t the one in control. YOU ARE. Read on to find out why 9 Week Control Freak is my new favorite home workout program from Beachbody – and why you should try it too!
9 Week Control Freak Program Overview
Super Trainer Autumn Calabrese has created amazing programs for us that bring amazing results. We know she’s great at that, right?
With 9 Week Control Freak, she’s back to help you get game-changing results — but this time there’s a catch. The name of the program doesn’t mean Autumn is in control.
You get to decide just how hard you push during each workout. You choose which nutrition plan you want to follow to get the results you’re after. By combining Autumn’s innovative training methods with your nutrition choice and your own motivation and drive, you’ll be able to build lean muscle and burn more fat for a strong, sculpted body.
Are you ready to be a control freak?
9 Week Control Freak Workout Details
9 Week Control Freak combines strength training with high intensity intervals to give you a killer workout in just 18-30 minutes. With 5 workouts per week for 9 weeks, you will be working out harder – not longer – for amazing results.
Three innovative methods — Density Training, Strength Complexes, and Tabata (Autumn refers to this as DCT-T) — in 3 of the 5 weekly workouts will target major muscle groups with a
combination of resistance training and cardio to help build strength, increase stamina, and boost your cardiovascular system.
- Density Training – You have 12 minutes to perform 5 moves, completing as many rounds as possible. For example, on Day 2 you have 12 reps each of skater jumps with the control track, sumo squats with a heavy dumbbell, tricep press downs, high narrow rows, and in/out abs with the core ball. You control the pace and intensity, but the goal is to rest as little as possible. The harder and faster you go with good form, the more fat you’ll burn and the more muscle you’ll build.
- Strength Complexes – You will complete complex movements using big muscle groups to get the most benefit in the least amount of time. This may look like a bicep curl followed by a bent over row, or tricep presses followed by a chest press. No rest during this part means more time under tension — the key to muscle growth.
- Tabata Cardio – With just 4 minutes of HIIT moves, Autumn ramps up your heartrate to blast fat while strengthening your cardiovascular system. Phase 1 starts with 10 seconds of work and 20 seconds of rest, but you’ll work your way up to true tabata doing 20 seconds of work and 10 seconds of rest. Keep track of your reps and work to beat your own goals!
9 Week Control Freak also includes bonus tabata workouts (if you REALLY love that kind of thing haha), bonus workouts to target specific muscle groups, and controlled stretches to help you wind down and rest well at night — which is key to muscle repair and growth!
9 Week Control Freak Nutrition
The amazing thing about this program’s nutrition plan is YOU get to choose what works for you!
If you’re a fan of Ultimate Portion Fix (what we used to call the 21 Day Fix nutrition plan), then do that! If you love the Timed Nutrition that we used with 80 Day Obsession, then use those same meal plans here. If you are a 2B Mindset eater and that’s what works for you, then go for it!
You can find all of my meal plans here!
The most important thing is that you find what works for you and follow it to get the best results possible. You can’t out-train a bad diet!
9 Week Control Freak FAQs
What equipment is needed for 9 Week Control Freak?
When you purchase the accessories bundle (or a challenge pack), you receive the control track, core ball, and a “brag board” to keep track of your progress. You will also need:
- Beachbody on Demand to stream your workouts
- light, medium, and heavy dumbbells (I recommend these adjustable dumbbells)
- a step (you can use this Beachbody step or this similar one on Amazon)
- yoga mat or floor mat for ab exercises and stretches (optional)
Who is 9 Week Control Freak for?
This program is for anyone who wants a fast-paced, effective workout that can be done in 30 minutes or less. It’s for someone who is ready to put in the effort and take control of their health.
While this isn’t considered a “beginner” exercise program, it does include a modifier to show less-intensive and lower-impact movements for anyone who needs to work up to the movements that Autumn demonstrates.
Where can I find a 9 Week Control Freak sample workout?
You can try a sample workout right here!
When is 9 Week Control Freak available for purchase?
It is currently available for early access for coaches only. (If you want to become a coach or want to talk about what it means to be a coach, shoot me a message!)
9 Week Control Freak will be available for customers to get early access on Dec 21, 2020. It will begin streaming to all BOD members on May 24, 2021.
How do I get 9 Week Control Freak?
If you already subscribe to BOD and don’t have a current Shakeology subscription, I recommend the 9 Week Control Freak Shakeology Completion Pack.
If you have your BOD membership and all your nutritionals ready to go, you just need the 9 Week Control Freak Accessories Bundle to get going.
To see all available options, visit the 9 Week Control Freak info page here!
Who is Autumn Calabrese?
Beachbody® Super Trainer and nutrition expert Autumn Calabrese is the creator of the breakthrough fitness programs 9 Week Control Freak®, 21 Day Fix®, 80 Day Obsession®, and others, and the portion-control weight-loss system Ultimate Portion Fix®, which has helped millions of people gain control of their food.
She’s also the author of the bestselling FIXATE® cookbooks and her latest Lose Weight Like Crazy, Even If You Have a Crazy Life!, and she’s the host of the FIXATE healthy cooking show with her brother, Bobby Calabrese, on Beachbody On Demand®.
Autumn is a certified holistic health coach through the Institute of Integrative Nutrition and has held certifications from the National Academy of Sports Medicine (NASM), as well as the American Fitness Professionals & Associates (AFPA).
9 Week Control Freak Before and After Photos and Results
While I don’t personally have results to share with you (I just started my workouts yesterday, so I’m only on day 2), these people have completed 9 Week Control Freak and look pretty darn amazing!
Check out their before and after photos, with details on each photo telling how man rounds they completed (each round is 9 weeks, so 27 weeks would be 3 rounds of the program) and how much weight they lost.
Marshall lost 17 pounds in 27 weeks (3 rounds of 9WCF).
Emily lost 13 pounds after one round of 9WCF!
Kia lost almost 40 pounds after 3 rounds of 9 Week Control Freak!
Paul lost over 50 pounds!
Vanessa lost 34.5 pounds and gained one heck of a smile! I love her after photo!
Are you ready to take control?